[riseholmebees] swarm

  • From: "John Kania" <johnkania@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:17:37 +0100

Greetings all,

Just returned from 10 days in France (Sunday) to find our eldest daughter
(27) in hospital in Yorkshire, so quite busy for a couple of days, but all
sorted now.

Before we went to France, the temperature was cool to say the least, so I
was reluctant to delve into the brood box, I just put an extra super on as
we have a number of rape seed fields close by and honey production seemed to
be in full swing! On checking the hives this morning I find that both have
swarmed, there is a much reduced population which will hopefully build up
again.

I am a little cross that the ungrateful little buggers have upped and left
while my back was turned, having mollycoddled them over winter, but I have
to smile thinking that someone else may end up with my 'flying Tigers'

Any others to add to the swarming list??

John Kania