[riseholmebees] Re: FW: Notts BKA June newsletter

  • From: "Dave Leighton" <leighton.family@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 20:44:54 +0100

Steve

Looks like you are you are on a steep learning curve about bees. Take heart,
after rather smugly announcing that both our colony's had made it through
winter, Nosema, chalk brood and no queen/laying worker has hit one of our
hives. It is all but a write off despite our best efforts. The other hive is
booming with 20+ queen cells built every week with at least half with
occupants. On the honey front, we have a rape field about 10 doors down from
us, so Nectar and Pollen are flooding in. Getting it out might be another
matter.

Regards

Dave aaaaaand Jane