[riscos-printing] Re: Zap Printing - Sometimes

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 08:38:55 +0100

In article <5047f212b3list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25 Sep, Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <4fe4164868list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I have a print setting esp for zap pages, at '360x180 draft' and
> > > sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

> > [Snip] Ovation trick
> > > Might this be explained?
> > Most likely the initial print path is set to 'null:', printing via
> > Ovation Pro would correct it.

The log shows this isn't the case.

[Snip]

> > If you still have a problem then configure logging on in PrintSpool
> > Global configuration and email the log (Show log from iconbar menu)
> > directly to me after a Zap print disappears.

> Ian, Thanks for the offer. This problem persists, so I am taking up
> your offer. kind offer. Here's the log from a failed printing from Zap.

[Snip] Log

I meant sent it direct to me rather than this list. If you haven't quit
PrintSpool since the test use 'Show>Queues' from the iconbar menu. Move
up one level (adjust click on the close icon), double-click the 'Last'
directory and double-click the 'zap' directory. Send me the '479Q9N0101'
file. I'd also like the result of 'View mappings' from the iconbar menu
and I'll need to know which printer/driver combination you are using. If
possible send me the source file.

The log shows it transferred correctly which suggests a problem with the
print. Hopefully there will be a clue in the requested information.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (Iyonix RO5)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/