[riscos-printing] Re: Samsung problem with gutenprint

  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:22:50 GMT

In message <9ee34dbc4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <62b0eebb4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In message <a22feabb4e.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           J Peachey <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I have been trying gutenprint out with a Samsung ML4600 (Mono Laser)
>>>
>>> I have run into a problem,
>>>
>>> Having installed Gutenprint - I can now print a single page. However
>>> if I try to print 2 pages, after the first has been sent to the
>>> printer  (The gutenprint window changes to printing 2 of 2) I get the
>>> following message
>>>
>>> Fatal signal received : Segmentation fault
>>>
>>> Stack Backtrace
>>> Running thread 0xd053c followed by more technical stuff. Which I can
>>> provide if needed.
>>
>> Yes, that would be useful.
>
> I have just managed to reproduce the problem here, so there is no need
> to send any further information.
>
> This problem with multi-page output seems to occur with the PCL driver
> only and only when Gutenprint uses dynamic area memory, i.e., on all
> machines but the Iyonix.

So in theory I shouldn't have a problem as I'm using Iyonix.

When trying to print the same document to file I get the following

Error 0x80000005 Internal error branch through zero.

Fatal signal received :EMT Trap

Stack back trace running thread 0xd053c

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want me to try out anything else.
From what I've seen quality of a single page is much better than the
drivers I've been using.

regards
John