[riscos-printing] RX620 results

  • From: davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:53:00 +0000

My apologies for being late in starting the tests.

I installed Gutenprint last night.  The installation went fine, and the
instructions seem clear enough to me.

I printed a very short text file, which took ages (it was set to
2880 * 1440 dpi resolution) but produced excellent results.  I must
examine the printout under a microscope - which reminds me that I
forgot to bring the printouts in to work. :-(  I also printed a JPEG
very small (I don't want to waste lots of ink during the setting up)
with 720 * 720 dpi resolution, and the default gamma etc. of the
driver.  It's a bit dark, but better than the results from the default
setting of the previous version.  I'm sure this will respond well to
tweaking the settings.

I see that multi-page documents cause others a problem; I must try this.

Epson Stylus Photo RX620 on a Netgear print server; RISC OS 5.11.

My thanks and congratulations to Martin and to everybody who
contributed to Gimp-Print and Gutenprint.

Dave