[riscos-printing] Mail merge

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 01:47:56 +0100

Hi

Not entirely sure if this is the correct group, but I'll post it here
anyway ;)

I've recently started using UniPrint to print to my PC/Mac-only
printers, previously having created PDF files and passing them over
the network to print from the dark side.

Up until yesterday I have only been printing odd pages, but yesterday
I had my first large-ish printing job. With a document created in
EasiWriter Professional, doing a mail merge with a CSV file exported
from a database in Powerbase, it only printed every second letter, so
I had to go through and selectively print the missing letters.

I started the print process via EasiWriter's Print dialogue, with both
Merge and Preview options selected, viewed the first letter, printed
it by clicking Print next, viewed the next one and then chose Print
all.

Just to test it, I used PrintPDF to print the document as PDF, and all
37 pages printed, so I think the blame lies squarely on UniPrint.

I suspect I'll have to take this up with R-Comp, but I would like to
know if anyone else has had the same issue before I do so.

Versions:

RISC OS   : 5.18
Printers  : 1.76
EasiWrite : 9.01