[riscos-printing] Gutenprint beta test

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:07:09 +0100

As hinted earlier, it is my goal to release Gutenprint for RISC OS at
this week-end's South West Show near Bristol. I have just completed
the coding, so it is time for at least a bit of beta testing before
the official release. This means not only testing the code but also
making sure that the extensive documentation is accurate and covers
everything that is required.

If you have a printer that is supported by Gutenprint (for a list, see
http://www.mw-software.com/software/gimp-print/supported5.html) and you are
interested in becoming a beta tester, please send me an e-mail stating which
printer you have. I am interested both in users who have Gimp-Print already and
in users who have not used Gimp-Print before in order to test both the upgrade
instructions and the installation instructions from scratch.

Please note that beta testers are still expected to make a donation to
the project after the official release version has been published. The
suggested donation is 20 to 30 Pounds for new users and 15 Pounds to
upgrade from Gimp-Print.

In addition to supporting many more printers than Gimp-Print,
Gutenprint's print quality is superior to Gimp-Print, Gutenprint
offers more sophisticated colour correction capabilities and it
supports various extra printer features (e.g., 6 ink printing,
borderless printing and quadtone inks with printers that support
them).

Martin