[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint. Was: Re: BeagleBoard xM

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 10:33:24 +0100

On 3 Oct 2010  Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <9ac7536051.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 2 Oct 2010  Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> [snip]

>>> Gutenprint 2.3x is not Beagleboard compatible. The new version 2.4
>>> runs on the Beagleboard. For upgrade information, see
>>>   http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/downloads.html

>> Apart from the laudible effect of giving money to Martin, is there any
>> point in upgrading for anyone who hasn't either a BeagleBoard or any
>> of the newly-supported printers?

> Well how about the point that it supports the devloper and also helps
> keep develpment going.

A very valid point, and one that I thought I had made.

> The very point that very few people updated hardware/software is one
> reason that RISC OS is where it is today.

And why I for one try to update anything as the updates come up. I
just wondered what the other improvements were in the new GutenPrint.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Lu       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.