[Ring211] Re: Fwd: Detroit Star Calvin Johnson & NEW $7.99 Meals!

  • From: RBusPs67@xxxxxxx
  • To: ring211@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:45:52 -0400 (EDT)

Will do- I should have done it earlier this week when in GR. There was a
truck jack knifed on 131 and I got to my GR hearing about 30 seconds before
it  was called even though I left very early from Kazoo :(  I really enjoyed
looking at some of the art around where I parked- it was fabulous. One guy
musta  spent weeks doing his huge sculpture out of coffee stir sticks (in
the Kendall  School of Design lobby area). Good thing I did not trip and fall
and land into  it- the thought did cross my mind that someone could do that.

I really like the idea submitting a picture to "The Linking Ring" our
entire Ring 211 membership all holding linking rings all linked together- will
be a one of a kind photo no one has thought of before? We could have many
hundreds of rings in the pictures- lots of sets- I think it would be an
absolute  hoot. The more rings the better. Take a bunch of pictures with the
rings in all  kinds of arrangements (around faces, linked into chains, etc.)-
see what comes  out the best. Then we just need to think of a clever title for
it like "Ring 211  and it's record breaking 211 linking rings" or something
goofy like that. Could  we get together 211 rings? Hey- put us in the book
of world records! Maybe Jim  and Michelle have a stash of them on their shop
we could borrow- I know that I  have several sets for sure.

Roger the Dodger

In a message dated 9/30/2011 7:22:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
robert.zoerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

But, I got married  anyways and absolutely could not be happier about it!
If you get downtown for  ArtPrize, SuZie is displaying and performing at
the Guiding Light Mission; 255  S. Division.
She is (and will be)  there most every evening and most of the weekend,
outside when the weather  permits.
Stop by and encourage  her.
;-)

MagicBob
office:  616.486.4252
From:  magicbob@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ring211@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Sep  2011 10:31:23 -0700

Wow, it does not seem  that long ago that I went to a nice Ma & Pa
restaurant on East Fulton  Street and got the blue plate special every day for
$1.
And, that  included a bottomless cup of coffee!

Now we jump at an $8  meal with $2 extra for coffee!

<sigh>

From:  _Branns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:Branns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)