[rgn3_tech] Re: //MARS R/ repeater controller parts

  • From: R HENDRICKSON <w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rgn3_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:56:39 -0800 (PST)

Guys,

I have all of the 3.58 crystals we need,  All removed from junked TV sets.  The
6 MHz crystals (or somewhere from around 5 to 7 MHz, not critical) are in the
little HC-18 holder, about 0.4" wide.  I have some, and whatever you have in
your junk boxes should work.  Load capacitance isn't important, as the exact
frequency is not at all critical, as long as they oscillate.

Gary

From: John Yost <dtjay@xxxxxxxxx>
To: rgn3_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, December 16, 2009, 1:01 PM

Is there any thing special about the crystals needed for this controller.

Case style?
Capacitance load - series or 32pf seem to be popular?

John
AAT3NT