[retroforth] Re: Reva: question about "key"

  • From: "Helmar Wodtke" <helmwo@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:51:08 +0100

retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 30.01.05 22:38:17:

> I can't answer for Reva, but I have experienced occasional  problems
> with "key". In 8.0, I added "and eax, 255" to the assembly code to
> make sure that eax only contains the byte that was read.
>
> As to problems  with ^D, I've never encountered any problems with it
> under Linux, either with RetroForth or  Reva. What terminal emulator
> are you using? I've had a few reports of occasional problems under the
> kde terminal. (Not having KDE, I can't verify these)
Yes. It's KDE-terminal. Retro does not crash, Reva crashes ???
I did a look at the source of Reva... I dont understand why it does not work.
Well, I would do it a little different: eg:

mov edx,1
xor ebx,ebx
push ebx
mov ecx,esp
mov eax,3
int 80h
pop eax ; sic!

But the code of Reva should work correctly...

Bis dann,
Helmar
helmwo@xxxxxx

> --