[retroforth] Re: RetroForth 8.0 later>

  • From: "Helmar Wodtke" <helmwo@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:32:03 +0100

retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 17.01.05 03:21:57:

> Now that could be useful. I could do something like:
Yes! I did not have this in mind first. To call "later>" ")" has a lot of
evidence :)

> (p (h1 ." This is a test" ) cr
>  (b ." This is bold" (i ."  and this is italic bold." )
>     ."  And back to bold" ) )

But this will run into a tail recursion problem. Every ")" before ";" is not
needed and with tail recursion turned on it will cause bad behaviour. At the
time I called the word "later>", I did not see it as "ending tag". There was no
good reason to use "later>" directly before ";". For ")" there are good reasons
(like readability) to be used before ";".

So the word should also have a macro version that turns off tail recursion.

Bis dann,
Helmar
helmwo@xxxxxx

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature