[retroforth] Re: Faster find

  • From: Chris Walton <chris.r.walton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:51:19 -0800

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:43:15 -0500, Charles Childers
<charles.childers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I love retroforth, I love colorforth. They are more alike than you
> > might like to think :). Both beautiful.
>
> So they are. RetroForth was inspired by ColorForth's design, but with
> a more traditional approach to the language structure. Moving code
> between ColorForth and RetroForth is a lot easier than most people
> would expect.

The major differences are the  -  word, the interface, and the
conditionals. Although, I've defined colorforth conditionals for
retroforth, and they are very nice and easy to use.

Also, I've defined "sub" for colorforth before, although I have yet to
use it in my current project. It's just much easier to write "-1 +" or
whatever.

--
I F34R N0N3 F0R F0RTH SH4LL GUID3 M3