[retrochallenge] Re: A week left....

  • From: Cory Wiegersma <cory5412@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retrochallenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:37:19 -0700

I'm working on writing the rules for next year's Retrochallenge, oddly enough, I am doing it using my 840av. ;)

... if nobody figured it out, I couldn't quite figure the BBS out. I think I posted something to the wrong spot, then I posted something else, but it was in the right spot, but it was offtopic anyway, and I could NOT find any existing messages, and overall, I was very confused by the entire rigup.

I think that a mailing list would work better for the average not-bbs-savvy guy. ;)

As far as rules/scoring for this year, basically I think a few people are emailing their hours (daily or weekly) to me ( coryretro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) for scoring, but I don't think there's necessarily going to be any "winners" or anything like that, since both of the people emailing me with details have basically said to me that they're doing it for the coolness/geekness/retroness of it, not to win a prize or anything. Though, somebody said that it wasn't worth it unless there was a prize, or a definite winner.

I don't think that that person has been emailing me their score, so they aren't even in the running for the winning yet. ;)
On Jul 10, 2006, at 7:11 PM, Simon D. Williams wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

        So what was finally decided on the rules?

        Greg

As far as I know nothing was "finally decided", but there seems to be a
handful of us steaming ahead regardless. There is a discussion board set
up on the "official" Retro BBS (lorance.no-ip.org) to address the matter
for the future, but it hasn't seen much action as yet
-s.
_____
!__!__! ::::::::: http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~bb065/ :::::::::