[renomusicproject] NO MUSIC this weekend

  • From: Todd South <tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: renomusicproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 01:44:57 -0700 (PDT)

Just a reminder to all your Reno Music Project fans that there will be no open
mic or showcase this weekend (3/20-21).  I really appreciate all the
well-wishes and show of support from y'all ... THANKS so much!  I'll be staying
in the Tahoe building at the Mill St. Renown Medical campus, and they tell me
they have WiFi.  Whew, at least I can screw around on Facebook and Twitter
while I recoup!  heheheheheh

P.S. We've got some pretty neat events coming up at Maytan in the very near
future; mark your calendar!

It's Maytan Music Center's 50th Anniversary!  There will be two events in
celebration of this auspicious occasion:

Wed. April 1st - Guitar master clinic/showcase featuring Baden Guitars with
several performers TBA and the luthier himself.  This is going to be a really
amazing evening you won't want to miss!

Sat. April 4th - In-store performances, specials and events all day.  Iris
Maytan will be playing piano, as well as various other local performers and
groups.  That evening we'll also have a Reno Music Project showcase, so it's
going to be one hell of a busy day!

Sat. April 24th - An Evening With Amber Rubarth (with special guest Tyler
Stafford)
I'm super-excited about this event, because Amber hasn't played an all-ages
show in Reno for quite a while, and for those of us who were so disappointed
with the sound and other hassles at her 2008 appearance at Tonic, it'll be nice
to have a show where we can actually HEAR her.  Since Amber will be sneaking
this date in during the middle of a tour, we will need to charge a little cash
in order to cover touring costs.  Tickets are $8.00, available in advance or at
the door.  Free freshments are included, and ALL-AGES are welcome.  This is a
show you really, really don't want to miss!

http://www.renomusicproject.com/calendar.shtml

Todd C. South - www.toddsouth.com
ICQ: 1943809 MSN: tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx Yahoo: tcsouth AIM: TaoshamanTCS
Text/Voice: 775-530-2940  www.twitter.com/ToddSouth