[regional_school] Zephyr Teachout Rally: Huge Success!

  • From: Dan Drmacich <dandrmacich123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dan Drmacich <dandrmacich123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:21:58 -0400

Today's rally for Zephyr Teachout and Tim Wu, was fantastic! Over 100
supporters gathered, on short notice, at the Village Gate, at 9:30 am, to
hear Zephyr discuss her platform for approximately 30 minutes. It was
followed by a press conference, with all of Rochester's media present.
Hopefully, you'll watch it on the local news channels or read about it in
tomorrow's D & C.
And, what great timing it was, to have City Newspaper's endorsement of
Zephyr and the New York Times non-endorsement of Cuomo and their
endorsement of Tim Wu for Lt. Governor!
Zephyr's lack of experience as an elected official is more than made up for
with her realistic creativity, political morality, critical thinking,
compassion for others and passion for social justice.
Given Cuomo's record on governmental corruption, favoring the wealthy on
taxes, lack of significant funding for public schools (especially poor,
urban districts,) support of APPR and privatization of schools, and Zephyrs
positive response to each of these issues, I strongly urge you to vote for
Zephyr and Tim Wu in the Sept. 9th Democratic Primary. And, please
encourage 10 of your friends to do the same. We need to send a strong
message to the Democratic machine!

Sincerely,
Dan Drmacich, Chairman
Coalition for Justice in Eduaction