[regional_school] Ken Harris Tribute

  • From: "William Cala" <wcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 07:28:16 -0400

Many of you know Ken Harris as the former BOCES #1 superintendent and
long-time board member at Fairport.  Ken was on the board when I was hired
in Fairport.  Ken is the strongest child advocate I have ever met.  He wrote
a small book on why standardized tests hurt kids several years ago, helped
us reduce primary class sizes to 17 and fought for diversity.

We are planning a tribute to Ken Harris on October 6th at the Green Lantern.
We will have a flyer but want to get the message out to save the date  We
will have the flyer shortly.  It will be Thursday, October 6, from 5-8 pm,
for this program. The cost will be no more than $25.00 or $26.00 per person
and it will be a plated dinner with options.  We want to make this a very
special event.  If you know Ken, I really hope you can make it.

Hope you had a great holiday weekend and are ready for the new school year.

Peace,

Bill