[regional_school] Fwd: How Cuomo is trying to get Teachout off of the Primary ballot

  • From: Dan Drmacich <dandrmacich123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bolgen Vargas <bolgen.vargas@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jose Cruz <countyleg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Malik Evans <mightymalik@xxxxxxx>, Mary B Adams <maryb_adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Melisza Campos <meliszacampos@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Van White <van.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Willa Powell <wpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Bottar <RegentBottar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Betty Rosa <RegentRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Charles Bendit <RegentBendit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christine Cea <RegentCea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Geraldine Chapey <RegentChapey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harry Phillips III <RegentPhillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Cottrell <RegentCottrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Dawson <RegentDawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Jackson <RegentJackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Tallon <RegentTallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathleen Cashin <RegentCashin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lester Young <RegentYoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Merryl Tisch <RegentTisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NYS Regents Office <regentsoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Regent Brown <regentbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Bennett <RegentBennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roger Tilles <RegentTiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wade Norwood <regentnorwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:41:45 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "marybeth mueller" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted
sender "mbkmueller13@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
Date: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Subject: How Cuomo is trying to get Teachout off of the Primary ballot
To: Adam Urbanski <urbanski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Drmacich <
dandrmacich123@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Hetland <phetland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Margaret Sergent <msergent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martha Keating <
maskerade6@xxxxxxx>, David Wurz <IANDB999@xxxxxxx>

    Dear supporter,

We have bad news. As you know, the New York Times report detailed the Cuomo
administration squashing subpeonas aimed at his allies. Now, he is
desperately trying to avoid an election where he can be held accountable.

He's facing a major scandal that is rocking his administration, so it's no
wonder he'd rather face us in court than at the ballot box. He has *brought
a lawsuit to throw away the 45,000 petition signatures* you and hundreds of
other people gathered and get Zephyr and Tim thrown off the ballot.

This coming from a governor implicated in corruption speaks to the
deeply-broken nature of his office.

But, that's why we started this campaign in the first place, and luckily,
we have a plan - *to make Cuomo go, we need to defend Zephyr and Tim's
right to be on the ballot.*

We have seven days to get a team of lawyers and volunteers to look up and
defend every signature we have, one by one.
<http://www.zephyrteachout.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fzephyrteachout.com%2Fdonate&utm_campaign=stop_bully_dn8&n=1&e=169484a8f511351260c07f2a8de52ec1878f8f7b&utm_source=zephyrteachout&utm_medium=email>Will
you save our chance for democracy? Even $1 matters right now.

<http://www.zephyrteachout.com/donate?e=169484a8f511351260c07f2a8de52ec1878f8f7b&utm_source=zephyrteachout&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=stop_bully_dn8&n=2>Cuomo
has reigned over an era of unbridled corruption in New York politics. Now,
he wants to challenge Zephyr and Tim without showing his face, and avoid
having to defend his actions.

He is the problem, not the solution. We need anti-corruption crusaders who
stand for our democracy, not corporate dollars. Many of you have already
supported this campaign with crucial donations, now we're asking you to
make the needed difference to make sure we have a primary.

Please give $5, $10 or $100 and we can beat Cuomo in this first round and
the next.
<http://www.zephyrteachout.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fzephyteachout.com%2Fdonate&utm_campaign=stop_bully_dn8&n=3&e=169484a8f511351260c07f2a8de52ec1878f8f7b&utm_source=zephyrteachout&utm_medium=email>

We already overcame huge hurdles to get here, and we can keep the momentum
going. Hundreds of people collected signatures every day and hundreds more
are volunteering across the state. The last day before signatures were due,
our lead canvasser, James, stayed up all night and went back out at 6AM to
canvas again - we had already reached our goal, but he and others did this
for good measure.

We're putting our team to work to make sure you, me, the environmentalist,
educator, the anti-corruption leader, the low-wage worker -- all get a
chance for a democracy and an economy that work for all of us.

Help us see an end to Cuomo-era politics and corruption.

Please take a moment to help make this happen. Click here.

<http://www.zephyrteachout.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fzephyrteachout.com%2Fdonate&utm_campaign=stop_bully_dn8&n=4&e=169484a8f511351260c07f2a8de52ec1878f8f7b&utm_source=zephyrteachout&utm_medium=email>---
Mike Boland, Campaign Manager
 www.teachout-wu.com
  -=-=-
Zephyr for New York · 225 Broadway, Suite 1902, New York City, New York
10007
This email was sent to mbkmueller13@xxxxxxxxx. To stop receiving emails, click
here
<http://www.zephyrteachout.com/unsubscribe?e=169484a8f511351260c07f2a8de52ec1878f8f7b&utm_source=zephyrteachout&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=stop_bully_dn8&n=5>.

You can also keep up with Teachout - Wu for New York on Twitter
<http://www.zephyrteachout.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fzephyrteachout&utm_campaign=stop_bully_dn8&n=6&e=169484a8f511351260c07f2a8de52ec1878f8f7b&utm_source=zephyrteachout&utm_medium=email>
or Facebook
<http://www.zephyrteachout.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzephyr.ny&utm_campaign=stop_bully_dn8&n=7&e=169484a8f511351260c07f2a8de52ec1878f8f7b&utm_source=zephyrteachout&utm_medium=email>.

-=-=-