[regional_school] Fwd: Final Copy of Educational Flyer included common core remarks (Ready to Send)

  • From: Dan Drmacich <dandrmacich123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bolgen Vargas <bolgen.vargas@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jose Cruz <countyleg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Malik Evans <mightymalik@xxxxxxx>, Mary B Adams <maryb_adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Melisza Campos <meliszacampos@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Van White <van.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Willa Powell <wpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 19:36:06 -0400

Dear Concerned, Progressive Educator,
I hope you'll give serious consideration to attending the Thursday, August
28th, 9:25 am, campaign rally for Zephyr Teachout , at The Village Gate.
This is our opportunity to show Andrew Cuomo that we're not happy nor
supportive of his education policies for:
   - APPR, which relies upon junk-science and practices that contradict all
the research on intrinsic motivation,
   - Common Core, which did not have adequate rank & file teachers involved
in its creation, was not field-tested, provided inadequate professional
     development & has many developmentally inappropriate standards,
   - High-stakes standardized testing, which for the past 15 years has not
proved to be s successful practice for facilitating more student engagement
&
     graduation rates
   - Unlimited increase in charter schools, which discriminate against
Special Ed., Foreign Language, and behavioral problem students, and
   - Limited funding increases for concentrated-poverty schools.
Please try to attend & bring others with you. Zephyr is an extremely
intelligent, compassionate, & knowledgeable candidate. Let's show Cuomo
that educators should not be taken for granted and that we're a force to be
reckoned with.

Sincerely,
Dan Drmacich, Retired School Without Walls Principal, &
                            Chairman: Coalition for Justice in Education