[regional_school] Re: Diane Ravitch on Daily Show Tonight

  • From: "Robyn McMaster" <robynm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 17:43:35 -0500

That's a great idea, Dan.  We can do so much more when we collaborate than when
we collide.

Robyn

Robyn McMaster, PhD
Sr VP
MITA International Brain Based Center
Pittsford, NY 14534
http://mitaleadership.com
http://brainbasedbiz.blogspot.com
        From: Ellen Weber <eweber1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        To: regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 3:43 PM

        Thanks for the chance to hear from a genuine champion of students and
learning Bill.

        Here are 5 questions that did not yet get answered - and that might
help us all to move forward for students' sake.

        1). How can we avoid attacking people in business or people in
education - in favor of working together to benefit more learners?
        2). How can we support more of what really does work - to gain higher
motivation and achievement for all learners?
        3). How can we use more of the kinds of tests teachers in Finland
design to win for all kids, and show excellence in more schools?
        4). What learning designs really do work, and how can we work across
differences for learners' sake - rather than vent about failures?
        5). What risks could each of us take for great learning approaches --
even when that means personal cost or personal sacrifice?

        The horrid problems in education have also presented amazing
opportunities for an innovative future in learning. Let's band together to make
schools like the Regional School - a living reality where collective wins leave
students at the peaks!

        Imagine if we were to show the world another way -- much like Finland
is doing! That takes launching answers to all 5 questions, and taking the
doable steps of making it happen -  as I see it. Others?

        Ellen Weber (PhD)
        Director - MITA International Brain Based Center
        PO Box 347, Pittsford, NY 14534
        eBook: MITA in the Classroom and Beyond - at
http://mitaleadership.com/buyonline.html
        MITA Brain Leaders and learners  blog: www.Brainleadersandlearners.com
        MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com
        Forbes Blog http://blogs.forbes.com/mindmakeover/