[redwoodmen] Barry will discuss his book in Sonoma on April 26th

  • From: Barry Spector <shmoover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Barry Spector <shmoover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:58:52 -0700

Praxis Pub Series at Murphy's Irish Pub,
464 First St. East, Sonoma (Murphy's back room)
BARRY SPECTOR

Tuesday, April 26 - 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
 Free to Praxis Members ($5 for non-members).

BARRY SPECTOR is the author of "Madness at the Gates of the City: The Myth
of American Innocence.

 Spector's book is a strikingly imaginative rumination on our society,
reaching back into Greek mythology to illuminate the world today. It is a
fascinating blend of literature, history, and myth, and while we have had
many critiques of contemporary American, his is unique in the way it draws
upon the Greek myths to examine, with devastating accuracy, our present
deities of war and greed. This is truly an original work." ~ Howard Zinn

You MUST RSVP for this event  - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Or, call 707-939-2973

- For technical information about this list ,go to:
//www.freelists.org/help/index.html
- Redwood Men's Center webpage:
http://redwoodmen.org/
- Redwood Men's Center Administrative contact:
lyncon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Please be patient, a response may take a few days.)
- For technical issues related to this list:
cwa.2@xxxxxxxxx