[redhat] Add Users to NIS

  • From: Roberto Mason <systemtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Jun 2003 12:27:00 -0400

I'm new at NIS. I'm running a home system with 5 PC'S, 3 lINUX, 1
xp/Linux and 1 Windoze 2000 standalone server.

My initial intent was (as a learning process) to setup a fairly complete
home system, Email Server, Samba/NIS and Web Server, the latter is not a
high priority.

Email server is up an running, Samba is running also, NIS, I've been
working at it for the past two weeks, but... I have some problems. I
have my NIS working. I do ypcat password and ypcat group, and I see
groups that I had created prior to configuring NIS.

I've tried adding users to my NIS server, but when I do ypcat on the
client side, I don't see the new users or groups. I'm doing something
wrong, but I can't figure it out.

Roberto