[recoll-user] Re: Difficulty in building recoll from srpm, openSuSE 10.3

  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:50:23 -0500

Jean-Francois Dockes wrote:
David C. Rankin writes:
 > I am having difficulty building recoll from recoll-1.10.2-0.src.rpm. The
 > first glitch required creating a soft link from /etc/profile.d/qt3.sh to
 > /etc/profile.d/qt.sh. After that the build using "sudo rpmbuild
 > --rebuild --target=i686 recoll-1.10.2-0.src.rpm" seemed to go fine and
 > proceeded to successfully to the install stage. The install stage dies
 > when it can't find "/src/moc: No such file or directory". Well of course
 > it is right, there is no /src/moc, but there is a qtgui/.moc. The actual
 > error received in the build was:

Hi David,

I tried to retrace your steps, and both glitches seem to be related to
using sudo for the build step. At least the second problem is due to sudo
resetting QTDIR (*), and maybe the first one too, combined with some rpmbuild
black magic. I can see two solutions:

 - Run the build without sudo (which is not needed), then install the
   resulting rpm with sudo.

 - Try to add QTDIR to the env_keep list in /etc/sudoers (but there may be
   other further problems, I didn't test this approach).

Actually the Recoll build should fail at the 'configure' stage in this
situation, I don't know why it does not detect that QTDIR is both needed
and not set (it does notice the problem when run out of the sudo
environment).

jf

(*) For some reason, qmake wants to check some stuff inside
$(QTDIR)/src/moc, hence the error message about /src/moc when QTDIR is not
set.

Jean-Francois,

Thank you. Building without sudo worked just fine. Now off to explore what recoll can do. Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC