[recoll-user] Re: Any interest in a Google Chrome browser plugin?

  • From: David King <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:22:24 -0400

On 4/20/21 3:49 AM, Jean-Francois Dockes wrote:

Thanks ! I merged the changes.

Thanks for accepting my changes.  Sorry, but I found a mistake I made with an "if" statement in the onDeterminingFilename listener in background.js.  I just sent you another merge request to fix that.

I should probably also tell you and the other people who may read this thread that I am still bothered by how noisy the download method the extension uses feels to me.  For my own personal use, I am probably going to stick with the webservice-based solution that I came up with originally.  While it's more complex, it's silent and seems much less intrusive to me.  I've created a separate project for it on framagit, https://framagit.org/dlk3/recoll-we-using-webservice.  At this point in time I don't plan to publish it into the Chrome web store or anything like that as I'm not real good at long-term support. But I'm still happy to share.

Thanks again,
Dave

--
David King