[realmusicians] synth question

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 06:53:32 -0400

Hello,

I'm curious to hear some feedback from you guys on this topic:

A lot of people, myself included, often feel that older synths sound
warmer/fuller/fatter than the latest ones on the market. Example: i like the
motif es over the xs, or I think that older Roland synths sound warmer/fatter
than the newer ones. Although the samples in newer synths sound more real, the
older ones don't sound as "watered down." What are your thoughts on this? If
this might be the case, is it simply due to the way sounds are eqed on the
newer ones, or do the physical components of machines also play a part in the
way sounds are generated?

Looking forward to your input!

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net