[realmusicians] Re: good virus scanning software

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:10:30 -0600

Good info thanks for that.

At 12:40 PM 2/13/2010, you wrote:
There are things you can do with avast and jaws that help jaws read it better. I'm pasting the instructions below:

How To Make Avast Even More AccessibleHow To Make Avast Even More Accessible
do the following two things to make Avast more accessible.

Configuring Avast to not use the skins for the simple user interface:
1. Start Avast.
2. Wait for the memory test to be completed, then close the web page that
appears. You should now land on a dummy check box.
3. Press the applications key to open a context menu, down arrow to settings and
press enter. The Programme Settings dialogue box appears, with the categories
tree gaining focus.
4. Tab until you hear, "enable skins for simple user interface check box
checked". Press space to uncheck it.
5. Tab to ok and press enter. You'll land back on the dummy check box.
6. Close and restart Avast. You should now be able to tab through the controls
in this programme.
Configuring JAWS to read lists in Avast:
1. Make sure that you're focused on the Avast Simple User Interface.
2. Press JAWS key 6 to open Configuration Manager.
3. Press enter to accept the New Configuration File dialogue box.
4. Press alt s to open the set options menu, then press a. The advanced Options
dialogue box appears.
5. Shift tab till you hear, "Rely on MSAA for List Views check box not checked".
Press space to check it.
6. Press enter to activate the ok button.
7. Either press control s to save your configuration file immediately, or press
alt F4, pressing enter to activate the yes button on the confirm dialogue box.
By doing these steps, you'll resolve an issue on some machines whereby JAWS
stops speaking when focused on any of the lists in Avast.
Return To The Avast Program Page

Omar Binno

Website: <http://www.omarbinno.com>www.omarbinno.com
AIM: LOD1116