[realmusicians] Re: Hope, maybe?

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 07:32:49 -0500

No, it doesn't overcharge or speed up charging. Let me explain, a USB port
can only provide about 5V of power with low amperage to devices. For this
reason, when you charge your battery (which when plugged into the wall
usually uses upto 12v, or lower volts but with higher amperage), on a USB
plug it takes longer because it's not receiving as much power or receving it
as fast to charge within normal times. If you look, most manufacturers that
allow USB charging will state this somewhere, that charing over USB will
take longer than chargin from the wall outlet. To overcome this, MSI and
other MB manufacturers have developed their own systems of adding more power
to certain USB ports, so that your equipment can charge faster on a USB
port; it's really charging at a normal rate, but compared to USB's rate,
since it's slower, it's considered faster than your average USB port.
That's how these systems work; other vendors have added other features like
giving power to the port even when your pc is off, so that you can just plug
in your item and charge it without having and leaving the computer on during
the charging process etc.

HTH, D!J!X!