[real-eyes] fascinating radio program coming up this weekend!

  • From: "Kim Morrow" <morrowmediakc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:04:00 -0600

                        I  wanted to alert this list to an upcoming radio
program that will spend four hours discussing near-death experiences in
people who are blind.
The idea for the program came from a book, authored by Kenneth Ring and
available on bookshare.org, titled "MindSight: Near-Death Experiences In the
Blind".

Even if you're not inclined toward the supernatural, the book is extremely
insightful and fascinating.

The program is Coast to Coast AM, and it will air nationwide overnight
beginning late on the evening of Sunday, December 23, 2007, and continuing
into Monday,

December 24. To determine time and station in your area, log on to

http://www.coasttocoastam.com <http://www.coasttocoastam.com/> . I believe
Coast to Coast airs on KCMO, 710-am, from 11 p.m. until 4  a.m.

The host of the Sunday evening show is Rollye James, whose own website,

http://www.rollye.net

is definitely worthy of your attention. I'll put it this way: How many
nationally-syndicated talk show hosts would deliberately make their websites
totally

accessible to people who are blind or who otherwise utilize screen reading
software? Type in the word "blind" into Rollye's website and you'll note
several

blindness-related links Rollye has cited as  an integral part of one show or
another during the course of the past couple of years. When someone makes

this kind of conscientious effort, we need to stand behind them. Rollye
James is definitely worth a  listen (streaming online and on XM satellite
radio)

and a  read. Unfortunately she's not syndicated here in KC, but she has a
terrific Internet stream that is totally accessible to locate.

Kimberly in Kansas City