[real-eyes] Re: closing skype with jaws 16

  • From: Laz <laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 13:41:28 -0500

Microsoft did away with the old SkypeKit which GWMicro was using to
gather the Skype information for their GWConnect user interface. I
have to wonder why GWMicro didn't just update their user interface to
use the new SkypeKit instead. As far as I'm concerned, Skype has
always seemed accessible to me using NVDA. GWMicro introduced their
user interface during Christmas of 2012 as a gift to all blind people.
Unfortunately they ran their ads every half hour unless you owned
WindowEyes even during a voice conversation. Their user interface was
also lacking in features which Skype offered. They then introduced the
choice to pay them money to stop running their ads... It was a
so-called gift if you'll remember. I asked for a couple of features to
be added to it, but just received a pat on the head  type of response
with no features being introduced. I couldn't rely on GWConnect in my
business, as I had to do some really kluncky activities just so I
could call someone back if they hadn't left me a voicemail message. So
I never really kept it installed longer than a couple of hours for
testing before going back to Skype. I think they did a disservice to
all my friends who had been using GWConnect because now that they
can't use it, they're struggling to learn to use Skype again whereas I
don't believe they would be having such problems if they had never
used GWConnect and just stuck with using Skype.

laz

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx