[real-eyes] Very good read. What to expect in the new iPhone

  • From: Claudia <cdelreal1973@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:35:18 -0500

This is a really good read. It pays particular attention to the iPhone
> [...]
 > speak very clearly or in a slow and robotic tone, according to a source
 > familiar with the software. Users can simply talk how they would usually
 > talk to another person, and the iPhone with Assistant will do its best
 > to interpret the speech and provide accurate results.
 >
 > Another compelling feature relating to Assistant is â??Find my
 > Friends.â?? Yes, Find my Friends is realand Apple may have been waiting
 > on Assistant integration to release it into the wild. Basically, if a
 > friend of mine wants to instantly know where I am, they could say
 > â??whereâ??s Mark?â?? and Assistant will locate me and share my
 > location information. Of course, there will be privacy settings for this
 > as we previously revealed .
 >
 > Perhaps the coolest aspect of Assistant is its integration with Wolfram
 > Alpha. For those unfamiliar with Wolfram Alpha, it is an online
 > computational knowledge system. With its integration into the new iPhone
 > and Assistant, one could essentially ask their iPhone facts or questions
 > of all types and get an instant response. For example, you can ask your
 > iPhone a math problem or ask how many feet are there in 12.75 meters,
 > and get an instant answer. The whole idea of having an infinite amount
 > of information at the sound of your voice is unbelievably convenient and
 > powerful.
 >

 > In addition to Assistant, the new iPhone features Nuance speech-to-text
 > integration , formally called â??Dictation,â?? according to a mobile
 > carrier source familiar with the featureâ??s extended testing. As
 > expected, the user just taps the microphone icon, speaks, and the speech
 > becomes text. This happens in less than a second in most cases and is
 > unbelievably accurate. The interface for this is also said to be
 > remarkably simple and blends into the design of the iOS 5 Messages
 > application.
 >
 > Going back to the hardware design, weâ??re hesitant to jump to
 > conclusions at this point, but we do know that these next-generation
 > iPhones are definitely floating around with shells that look identical
 > to the iPhone 4. Because a report claimed that Apple is stuffing
 > next-generation guts into iPhone 4 casings to throw off leaks, we
 > donâ??t want to affirm that the new iPhone retains the iPhone 4
 > design. In addition, a new design has been rumored based on recent
 > â??iPhone 5â?³ case leaks.
 >
 > In any case, expect Assistant, 1GB of RAM, the dual-core A5 processor,
 > Nuance speech-to-text, and an 8 megapixel camera to make an incredible
 > iPhone upgrade on October 4th.
 >

 > Here goes the actual link for this who want it.
 >
 > http://9to5mac.com/2011/09/26/the-new-iphone/
 >
 > hth
 >

 > Ricardo Walker
 > rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rwalker296%40gmail.com>
 > Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
 > www.mobileaccess.org
 >

 > --
 > The group is moderated by Alberto Arreola. To contact me with questions
<mailto:betoj.07%40gmail.com>

<mailto:a-ios%2Bunsubscribe%40googlegroups.com>

 > To subscribe to this group send email to:
 > a-ios+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:a-ios%2Bsubscribe%40googlegroups.com>

 > For more options, visit this group at
 > http://groups.google.com/group/a-ios?hl=en
 >
 > For the FAQ go to:
 > http://aios.applevis.com

__._,_.___
Reply to sender
<mailto:pzoellers@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20Fw%3A%20FW%3A%20%5Ba-iOS%5D%20Very%20good%20read%2E%20What%20to%20expect%20in%20the%20new%20iPhone>

<mailto:atthemarket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20Fw%3A%20FW%3A%20%5Ba-iOS%5D%20Very%20good%20read%2E%20What%20to%20expect%20in%20the%20new%20iPhone>

| Start a New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atthemarket/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmODZlNXExBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMjgwOTE2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MzAxMQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMTcwNTYwNDQ->

Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atthemarket/message/8326;_ylc=X3oDMTM1MWc0ZG5hBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMjgwOTE2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MzAxMQRtc2dJZAM4MzI2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxNzA1NjA0NAR0cGNJZAM4MzI2>

(1)
Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atthemarket;_ylc=X3oDMTJmM25wYW5xBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMjgwOTE2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MzAxMQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzMTcwNTYwNDQ->

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on -
Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.
<http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15opne3vm/M=493064.14543979.14562481.13298430/D=groups/S=1705043011:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1317063244/L=24272816-e860-11e0-b820-83f9ca2abd0f/B=uImPTtj8elg-/J=1317056044245944/K=JexAPDuy3zszecY5APaJUg/A=6060255/R=0/SIG=1194m4keh/*http://us.toolbar.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=grpj>

Yahoo! Groups
<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMnZwMTNyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMjgwOTE2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MzAxMQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTMxNzA1NjA0NA-->

Switch to: Text-Only
<mailto:atthemarket-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>,