[real-eyes] Re: Setting up a Freelists group

  • From: "Fettgather, Jim" <jfettgather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:29:06 -0500

Hi Karen, typically, when you establish a Freelists mailing list, you
are the administrator of that list by default.  This is important so
that you can  handle subscription requests, add a footer to each message
that is posted, and of course, the most gratifying feature, the ability
to kick people off the list for bad behavior!

The login procedure that I use is:

Go to www.freelists.org
Choose the log in link and type in your credentials.
And, here is the tricky part.
There is a list box, the list box contains over 4500 entries.
Screen readers are typically very very slow to respond when navigating
this list, so be patient, type in the first few letters of the name of
your list. Once it is highlighted, hit the submit button, then choose
the Admin button menu.
From here, you can subscribe or delete members, and perform a number if
important housekeeping chores for your list.

Let me know how it goes.