[real-eyes] Re: Question regarding converting what JAWS speaks into an audio file

  • From: Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 21:26:30 -0600

Hi, I would set your sound card to either "Stereo Mix" or "What you Hear."
In Vista and Windows 7, the process for doing that is slightly
different, you have to Show Hidden Controls in Sound in Control Panel.

Then, grab a program like the free Audacity or Total Recorder, hit the
Record button in either program, and with your sound card set to the
settings I mentioned, start Jaws reading.
These programs can record to either WAV or I believe MP3 as well.