[real-eyes] Re: No dogs in shopping carts: service dog owners hail clarification of ADA rules - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

  • From: Mitchell Lynn <mitch.lynn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:36:30 -0500

Second article also terrific. Couldn't agree more with her point of view
and sentiments. Therapy dog!? expletive!!! "Can't ask of disability for
fear of litigation." Exactly. Think I will acquire a pit viper and claim
it is my therapist.

Is there anything in ADA that specifies that all service animals must
have a photo ID of service animal and owner--in other words a sort of
license? Certification is a better choice of words. IDs can, of course,
be forged, but if proprietors, managers and clerks were more in the
habit of checking those IDs to the point of calling the school who
trained the team, then there would be a way to enforce the law. It's a
federal offense to pass an animal off as a service dog. What is the
penalty? If involves a fine, then set it up so that part of that fine is
issued to whomever made the report as a reward. That might help people
think twice about "turning a blind eye."

On 07/18/15 11:44 AM, Amy Rowson wrote:

H's the mobile link.
http://dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID7750
And here's another article I found while searching for this one.
http://thesunbreak.com/2012/02/22/no-more-dogs-in-grocery-stores/

Amy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2015, at 10:44 AM, Sheila Styron <sheilastyron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is a particular interest of mine. So if someone can get it to come up,
can you please paste it into the body of the message. I cannot make it work
either.

Best, Sheila
816-896-6552

On Jul 18, 2015, at 10:33 AM, Mitchell Lynn <mitch.lynn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Terrific article once it finally came up. Not sure what is going on
with that page, but it took four visits for that article to show. Each
time there was something different.

This is one of the few blindness related issues that really hacks me off.

We can cheer the clarification, but that doesn't mean anything will come
of it. The problem isn't service dogs riding in carts; it is selfish,
thoughtless entitlement-minded people representing themselves and their
animals as something they are not. In a word, it is a menace.

On 07/18/15 7:14 AM, T L wrote:

http://dcourier.com/Main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID7750interesting
information for all of you who use a service dog

Sent from my iPhoneTo subscribe or to leave the list, or to set other
subscription options, go to www.freelists.org/list/real-eyes