[real-eyes] Kurzweil problem

  • From: "Nancy Dowling" <nharpsong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:59:04 -0600

Is anyone familiar with the Reading Edge Kurzweil reader Zerox imaging System?
Last March I was blessed with a Kurzweil machine from a friend that didn't need
it anymore.  For months now I have been able to read numerous books with it and
enjoyed it fully.  However, lately the machine has rebelled and reads the
majority of material with a scrambled speech.  I scan the page and it begins
with ..]][led..etc. It reads a few words and then reads the text scrambled.  I
thought at first it must be the print of the book but it reads the books that I
had read earlier all scrambled too.  Does anyone have any idea of what the
problem is.  The Kurzweil reader was made in 1992 but has been used very
little.  I enjoy the freedom of being able to read books and my mail and I am
totally lost without it.  If anyone has any information that would help it
would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Nancy