[real-eyes] Jaws problem on my work computer.

  • From: "Nancy VanSandt" <maxvanwon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:39:49 -0600

I thought I would post this question and see if anyone has any ideas.  I have
just recently moved from Jaws 6.20 to Jaws 8.0 on my work computer.  I have
Windows XP home on that particular PC.  Although my previous version of Jaws
worked well, I am having some serious problems with Jaws 8 breaking up while in
the typing screen of my transcription program, which is ExText and based on MS
Word.  I an manage to get through the report allright but when I spell check
it, Jaws stutters and breaks up.  When I attempt to upload the report, Jaws
locks up altogether and everything just stops.  I can upload the report with
sighted help using a mouse, but that's it.  I have gone back to my previous
version of Jaws just so that I can get some work done.  I have gotten error
messages while in spell check before while using Jaws 8, but I have never known
exactly what they were.  Does anyone have any ideas about what may be causing
this and what I can do about it?  Thanks in advance for any feedback about this.
Nancy Van Sandt,
Buddy and Curly's House
Joshua24:15
"But as for me and my household,