[real-eyes] HD Radio for Visually Impaired

  • From: "Mitchell D. Lynn" <mlynn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:57:40 -0600

This HD radio stuff is a pain to sort out. There is often nothing in the
unit/model name to indicate what type of device it is. Searches for
"portable" often pull up results that are for installation in automobiles.
Adding "tabletop" or "clock alarm" helps, but this is rarely restricted to
the product description itself, and ends up pulling in results where those
words are part of reviews and/or comparisons to other models. I did find
this, but I haven't had time to thoroughly check it out. Might not even be
in production for all I know.
http://diceelectronics.com/itr100a-info
Based on the popular DICE iTR-100 tabletop HD RadioT, this unit was designed
with special consideration for the visually impaired. Practical voice
prompts
and audible feedback have been added which makes operating the iTR-100A
simple and intuitive. Each button press is followed by an audio queue to
help guide
the user through actions such as station browsing or setting up the alarm
clock. All buttons and knobs are arranged and spaced apart with ease of use
in
mind. The compact size of the unit makes it easy to enjoy the enhanced
noise-free sound quality of HD Radio or RRS (Radio Reading Service) at home
or in
your office.