[real-eyes] Fw: Re: hd radio

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 14:39:35 -0600

Here is some information on HD radio from an old thread from December of
last year.  The cheapest way to get in is the small walkman sized Insignia
HD1 from Best Buy and some Wall-Mart stores available for $49.  The radio is
fairly accessible.  Jose bought this radio and did a review.  However, his
internal battery isn't holding a charge so he's getting ready to exchange
it.  He liked the unit very much.

Reg

That's easy, more stations, no fading or distortion or crackle, CD
quality sound, commercial free classical stations piggy backed on to your
favorite NPR stations.  No monthly charges like satellite radio.  Names of
songs
and traffic reports in the display.  That only helps if you can see them.

currently, KCUR has an HD feed which parallels the analog feed, 96.5 has
a comedy sub channel, KUDL 98.1 has a classical subchannel, and 106.5
has a smooth jazz subchannel.

I am not using the greatest antenna, so I could be missing something,
but these frequencies have been broadcasting with this exact
configuration for quite some time.