[real-eyes] Fw: Consumer Electronics List

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 06:36:29 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Alcorn
To: Reginald George
Sent: 22 May 2006 Monday 7:47 PM
Subject: Consumer Electronics List

I am pleased to be able to announce a new list which we have just started here
on NFB NET.  With the popularity of MP3 players, cell phones, and other
electronic

devices, this is likely to be a useful and popular list.  It is called
electronics-talk.

This list is intended for the sharing of information about, and discussion of
the accessibility of various consumer electronics devices.  Sharing of
information

about, and discussion of MP3 players; cell phones and other telephones; DVD
players, receivers and other stereo and video components; satellite and HD

radios; and household appliances including microwaves, washers, dryers, stoves,
and the like; is appropriate and encouraged.  With more and more devices

having inaccessible controls or displays, a place to share information and
experiences is needed.  It is also hoped that this list will divert such
discussions

from other NFB-sponsored lists, where it is not appropriate.

This list will also on occasion carry announcements and/or information of
importance to the NFB and its members and friends as a whole.

To join the list either go to:

or send e-mail to

electronics-talk-request@xxxxxxxxxx

and put the word subscribe in the subject line.

The list is moderated by David Andrews.  You can reach him at

dandrews@xxxxxxxx