[real-eyes] Exploding iPhone injures French teen •

  • From: "jose" <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:01:06 -0500

Ah it looks like I returned my I phone just in time. One thing is that =
cell phones have been exploding for years. in 2007 a man died after his =
cell phone  exploded and broke one of his ribs, parts of it then and =
lodged in his hart.=20

I guess he can't here me now!!!
from  http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/08/12/exploding_iphone/
Exploding iPhone injures French teen
'He did not lose an eye'

By Cade Metz in San Francisco =E2=80=A2 Get more from this author

12th August 2009 19:24 GMT

A French teenager has been injured by his girlfriend's exploding iPhone, =
little more than a week after Apple was accused of trying to suppress =
news of an exploding iPod Touch.

According to the AFP, Marie-Dominique Kolega contacted Apple after her =
son was hit by a flying piece of Jobsian status symbol. Apparently, the =
iPhone made a hissing noise before the screen shattered, sending shards =
through the air. "My son was frightened but he did not lose an eye," =
Kolega told AFP.

Earlier this month, Liverpudlian Ken Stanborough told The Times of =
London that after he contacted Apple about his daughter's exploding iPod =
Touch - which made its own hissing sound before rocketing ten feet in =
the air - the company said it would refund the price of the device if =
Stanborough and daughter signed a confidentiality agreement banning them =
from publicly discussing the incident.

Meanwhile, a recent investigation from the a Seattle TV station found =
that at least 15 people have complained of fire- and burn-related iPod =
incidents. This info was culled from an 800-page Consumer Product Safety =
Commission document, and according to the TV station, Apple lawyers =
tried to suppress that too. =C2=AE

  a..=20
Jose Lopez
on the web at www.lopezlanguage.com