[real-eyes] Bulleted Lists in Word

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:37:39 -0600

Hello:

I have a client who is using Window-Eyes and is trying to write bulleted
lists in Microsoft Word.  He puts the '*' on the first list item, then
types what he wants for it.  When he presses enter, then arrows back up,
Window-Eyes says '*', not 'Bullet1'.

We went to tools->Auto Correct Options, and I had him hit control tab
when we got there.  We arrowed down and found that Automatic Bulleted
Lists is checked.  He also has the Format List Item like the One Before
It checked.

Is there something else we need to check?  I suggested he go to
officeupdate.microsoft.com and see if he needs any of the updates.  Any
other ideas?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)