[ratpack] Re: Well, this is what I saw...

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:46:14 -0600

I am right there with ya on the $$.

Funny thing was, the guy was laughing and saying that he had about a half mile of tubing in the shop, and they were gonna have to build something with it and use the parts from the GT to power it. Too much $ $ and obviously short on driving ability.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2010, at 8:42 AM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, man! It's gotta spoil yer day a little when stuff like that happens.

Fortunately, I'll never have the chance to have my day spoiled in that way. One of the (few) advantages of being poor.

RtR

Sent from my Dreadnought using that gawdawful Thunderbird email program

On 3/9/2010 6:12 PM, John Christensen wrote:

I like it! Everyone in this area seems to get the blue ones.

Here's a couple I shot with my Rebel XT. A little different angle. We passed the one that's in one piece on the track, and I watched it disappear in the rear view mirror. (He couldn't keep up) What a rush!

All the pictures from that day are here: http://www.myelcamino.net/cars/RoadAmerica/index.htm I think about that joyous ride every time I see a GT.

JC

---
John Christensen
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
Saint Charles, IL

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Michael Wells <mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: We stopped at the BestBuy in AF Saturday and this rumbled into the parking lot. I just happened to have my camera in the car so I broke out my wide-angle lens and got up close.

Enjoy

--
Michael Wells
MCWells Photography