[ratpack] Soooo...I sez to mylelf: HOW HARD can it be?

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:28:28 +0000 (UTC)

First attempt at DIY tie-dyed (sort of) photo background...I was aiming for subtle contrast, but think I may have almost gone beyond that to invisible, It dried lots lighter than it was when I took it out of the dye.  I got blue fingers, too. But, there is some variation noticeable, and with the shadows the folds my stand will give, maybe not so bad.  Maybe use it with ther darker mottling on the top,for more contrast?  Hmmmmm... What do you think?

Didn't cost much...2 1/2 yards of really wide Muslin, and some Rit dye.  maybe next time, I'll use a darker dye and make the rubber bands tighter. Now to talk my wife into hemming it for me, and sewing a rod pocket in the top.

Maybe, next time I'll try some of the real vivid dyes...shades of brown and gold, with a touch of orange.

Then, maybe not...i'm ready to take a couple of aspirin, and go lie down, to see if it goes away.