[ratpack] OT: some car show photos

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:21:58 -0600

I dunno what and when I've posted any updates on car show photos, but I finished one this evening: http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2010/20100731/Welcome.html And there's the whole enchilada here:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2010/Welcome.html

I gotta catch up on the racing pics since there's a race this weekend and I'd like to be able to show the racers what I've got in the way of fotos and posters. The fun never stops. :)

Anybody going to the track this weekend? I plan to be there both days...and then the next day, I'm outta here for a coupla weeks paid vacation (I get to pay for it, and it'll only be a vacation from my house...to a tent) on the salt flats. I'll be thinkin of Larry at the Historics while I'm out shooting fotos of road graders smoothing the salt for the 3 courses. But then maybe he'll be thinkin of me alone in my 2-room tent with generator power (and maybe a small air conditioner) while he and the whole fam damily is roughin it at Laguna Seca. Wonna these daze, I'm gonna make it to the Historics AND Pebble Beach...just to see how many people soil their dainties when I pay the ransom (I think it's $150) to get into the concours and show up in sweat pants and a Rat Fink shirt. :)

One other thing. I just joined the National Motorsports Press Association. Cost me $35. I dunno if it's gonna be worth a shit, but I figger the more ammo I got to apply for credentials, the better...and maybe, just maybe, they might provide me with a hard card. http://www.nmpaonline.com/index.html I just looked over it again and I don't think a hard card is likely to be forthcoming from them, but still, it might carry a little weight to put "National Motorsports Press Association Member" on a business card and credentials application. More news as it happens.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program