[ratpack] OT: Am I the only one who gets strange characters in email?

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 10:36:04 -0700

Well, I get email from strange characters, but they're mostly on this list. :) (I posted the same thing on my El Camino list.)

I've been seeing a character string sort like this one: "LOG NULL NowTrans Reader" (I added a coupla spaces to keep it from being identified as a real "problem string.")

I don't know where this is coming from. I've just set things up so I can compare it in web mail vs the POP3 client I use (I'm using the last version of Eudora that was released before the went to "Open Source"...the version there is junk) and I know it might be the problem, but this problem has only showed up in the last 6 months or so and I've been running the same version of Eudora for a coupla years.

If ya got any ideas, I'd love to hear 'em...well ideas pertaining to this, anyway. Ideas about the sexy blonde next door are better left unsaid. :)

On a different subject, I finally got the newly refried version of www.target550.com rolled out yesterday. The latest group of photos show the front axle with quick-change center section and some of the steering gear. Marlo (the team principal) is pissed because it took forever to get the job done by a company on Denver and is not done to the blueprint dimensions. He threatened to put it in the back of his truck, strap on a holster with a loaded pistol and drive it from Oregon where the shop is to Denver and then pull the gun to begin negotiations about getting things done properly. Yeah, he's really pissed.

I gotta get back to my photo scanning and then I have a luncheon meeting at 1 pm today, so I better get my act together.

Ray