[ratpack] Re: New camera

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:39:17 +0000 (UTC)

My lens is only a one-axis machine, as far as the owner's manual can tell me.
It does  horizontal "Normal" really well,  up to about 75 degrees
vertically...after that, my unsteadiness raises its ugly head!

I don't know if any anti-shake mechanism that us mere mortals can afford could
tame that. My balance is definitely not what it used to be, but I do some
exercises that help a bit.

As for my lens, the VR helps greatly at 1/250, 300mm  and  lower, but I can
hold it about as steady as the VR  from 1/500 up.

Hmmmm...maybe if I am moving, the Active setting would read it like I was in a
chase car, and smooth things out. I'll try and see.

When my mind works...cars at the track, PLANES at the air show, Other things
in other places.

I figure a chair, with somewhat of a raised back for support, and a bit of
separation from the front lines of the spectator area, and I should be good to
go for propeller planes...jets, it's 1/1000 + and FEAR NOT!  Except, there is
always some dipstick that walks in front of you if you're sitting down.  Oh
well, stealth and treachery will win the day!

Wendover is poorly-oriented airport, The light wasn't the best...I was praying
for some cloud cover to lower the contrast  and the acts weren't the same
caliber as those at Idaho Falls.  They couldn't get one plane started, and most
of the preformers had no clue about photo passes for the assembled masses. It
was generally one pass, then haul ass for the runway.  I left before the jets
performed.

Anyhow, thanx for the suggestions.

Ray; How are you going to rectify the live view only ???  I guess the camera
manufacturers are trying to correct the shutter lag, It's one of the most heard
complaints about P&S cameras. I get so mad at my wife's Canon!!!