[ratpack] Re: Larry helps a Nikonian

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:41:28 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, Larry is a good guy, a veritable prince of a man, and a good photog, too.
"Power cycle"? What's that, turn the thing off and then on again?  Boy,these
new-fangled terms!

I, myself, whilst waiting out the rainstorm  in the grandstand, was approached
by a pleasant, but  confused-looking fellow from  Portland , a C-a-n-o-n
s-h-o-o-t-e-r,  who admitted that frankly, he was mystified by his IS lens.

Well, I had my VR lens (LARGE, satisfied grin) less than 24 hours at the time,
so was a real expert, but we pidgined around...you know; me  Nikonian, you
Canon shooter having many confusions about high-tech lens mojo...try pushing
this button...welll, hmmmmm...try that, one!

 I told him what my owner's manual said, which would probably compare nicely
to  his...providing he could read...and he left satisfied.  We Nikonians just
look like we know what we are doing, (har har) are kindly, and have wisdom to
impart. Sometimes, we even do.