[ratpack] I'm getting off topic...

  • From: Michael Wells <mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:08:33 -0600

I hate to keep sending out off topic posts but I ran across this page on
NPR.com, now don't hold it against me that I listen to NPR. Like the blind
squirrel occasionally finding an acorn NPR occasionally has a good article.
This one has to do with a project commissioned to Ansel Adams. The then
Interior Secretary commissioned Ansel to create some murals of federal
lands. Ansel got started but the attack on Pearl Harbor halted the project.
Well the Dept of the Interior has resurrected the photos and 26 of them are
on display in DC. Since I won't be going to DC any time soon here's a link
to the works;

http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2010/03/ansel_adams_resurrected_at_the.html

To me AA is one of the photographers to emulate and I enjoy almost all of
his work. So enjoy the photos even though I found them through NPR.

Zamboni

--
Michael Wells
MCWells Photography