[ratpack] Fwd: Driving in the rain . .This may save your life

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:11:21 +0000 (UTC)

What do you guys think?

 Driving in the rain . .This may save your life

Snopes says the advise below is still "undetermined" because research is still
continuing. Judge for yourself.

C.

Subject: Driving in the rain . .This may save your life

GO OD VISION IN
DOWNPOUR

How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour.

We are not sure why it is so effective; just
try this method when it rains heavily.
This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced and confirmed it.

  It is useful...even driving at night.
Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers during
heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still
bad......

In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES (any model
will do), and miracle!
All of a sudden, your visibility in front of your
windshield is perfectly  clear, as if there is no rain.

Make sure you always have a pair of SUN GLASSES
in your car, as you are not only helping yourself to drive safely with
good vision, but also might save your friend's life by giving him this idea..

Try it yourself and share it with your friends!???
Amazing, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet of
rain falling.?

You can see where the rain bounces off the road.?  It
works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing
semi's spraying you too.?

Or the "kickup" if you are following a semi or car in the rain.?
They ought to teach that little tip in driver's
training..  It really does work.

This warning is a good one!

I wonder how many people know about this
~

A 36 year old female had an accident several weeks ago and totaled her car.

When she explained to the highway patrolman what had happened he told her
something that every driver should know - NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH
YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON.  She thought  she was being cautious by setting the
cruise control and maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain..

But the highway patrolman told her that if the cruise control is on when your
car begins to hydro-plane and your tires lose contact with the pavement,
your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you take off like an
airplane. She told the patrolman that was exactly what had occurred.

 - NEVER USE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT IS WET OR ICY. We tell our
teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe speed - but  we don't tell
them to use the cruise control only when the pavement is dry.

The only person the accident victim found, who knew
this (besides the patrolman), was a man who had a similar accident, totaled his
car and sustained severe injuries.

NOTE: Some vehicles (like the Toyota Sienna
Limited XLE) will not allow you to set the cruise control when the
windshield wipers are on. If you send this to 15 people and only one of  them
doesn't know about this, then it was all worth it.

You might have saved a life.

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now. =