[ratpack] Re: Bulb for light box

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:20:17 -0600

That is a nice set up.

In the past, I have had better luck with the incandescent, but it's been 15
years or more since I compared. At the time, I was shooting digital pictures
with a Sony Hi8 Video camera, a Vlab box in to a Hot Rod Amiga 2000 with
Retina card. The point and shoot $100 cameras do a better job than my $5000
set up then. But they didn't exist in 1994. (That I could afford)

I once discovered that a ring I was doing an appraisal on, was a color
change stone, but only through the lens, under different light. It was a
natural Alexandrite in a ring from the late 1800's (Before the synthetic as
available) It was such a subtle change, that I could see it on the monitor,
but not to the eye. I may have the pictures somewhere to give you guys an
idea of what digital was like in the stone age.

Attached is a picture from back then, edited with a program called
PhotoImpact that may be still available. I have an old disk, but it didn't
like XP, So I haven't used it in years.

JC

---
John Christensen