[raspberry-vi] Re: Gnome, for Neil

  • From: Mike Ray <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspberry-vi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 16:33:26 +0000

Neil,

Your last post was from the wrong address so it didn't get to the list.

speech-dispatcher is certainly a larger process than I would like to see
on something as small as a Pi for something which should be trivial, speech.

And I hate speechd-up with a passion because 'autospawn' is hard-coded.

So the OMX code I have written gives a solid and stutter-free console
using it and piespeakup, my OMX clone of espeakup.

I think Orca might just be a step too far though.

The Banana Pi or cubie is a better idea maybe.  I will try your methods
on my Banana.

OMX has not been ported to the BPI.  It has a different GPU.

Maybe if I can find a usable Emacspeak to speech-dispatcher connector
that might work.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

"Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla"
(It's a long way by the rules, but short and efficient with examples)

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/
From where you can join our mailing list for visually-impaired Pi hackers
Raspberry Pi and the Raspberry Pi logo are trademarks of the Raspberry Pi
Foundation.

This list is not affiliated to the Raspberry Pi Foundation and the views and
attitudes expressed by the subscribers to this list do not reflect those of the
Foundation.

Mike Ray, list creator, January 2013